Thursday, February 6, 2014

Successful first event!

Last saturday, February 1st, I held my very first event at Bridgetown DIY. I just want to start off by saying that everything went according to plan and it was perfect(for the most part). I got to the venue around 6 p.m and started helping the bands come in and set up. When taking care of your event at Bridgetown, you have to make sure you follow the main check list. 
Above is a picture of the actual checklist we have at the venue. Follow this and your event should run smoothly(at least it worked for me). So after checking off the first four boxes, I waited until the event was over to check off the rest.

During the show I made sure that all of the bands were on schedule, that everyone coming in had paid the fee and that there were no problems. A few things did happen during the event that were on the rather bad side. During the set of the third band, someone made a huge hole in the wall by kicking it... Who does that kind of stuff? I'm including a photo of that too. While I was working the door and collecting the entrance fee, a girl walked straight in, can of beer in one hand acting rather obnoxiously. I walked up to her explained to her that she had to pay the fee just like everyone else, and that I would have to ask her to leave if she didn't throw away her can of beer. She didn't really question me but I continued by explaining to her that the venue was a drug free, sober space and that we didn't allow or tolerate the use of drugs or alcohol consumption in or around the venue. In the end, she did throw out her beer and was pretty respectful of our policy.
Seasons Change ft. Anthony the vocalist

At Heart

Hole in the wall ruining our awesome mural by street artist Gatts
To sum everything up, the event was successful, the venue made about $400 and everyone had a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment