Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

Content:

Please review the component contract at page 12 of the senior project packet.   The independent component 2 is an opportunity for you to add a dimension of creativity and/or an additional outlet for research.  The goal of the component is for you to explore your answers in more depth.  On Friday April 25, 2014, you will be turning in the following to your blog to prove completion of this component:

·       Log of hours on an digital spreadsheet (with total number of hours included)
·       Evidence of the 30 hours of work (e.g. transcript, essays, tests, art work, photographs) as digital artifacts
·       LIA
 The senior team expects that your log will be on the right hand side of your blog with your WB, independent component log 1 and mentorship log.   In addition to this,  we expect that you will be able to prove the total 30 hours of work by submitting evidence to the blog by the due date. For this blog post and approval, please answer the following questions.

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

-For my 30 hours I will continue to do volunteer work at the place of my mentorship, I will work the door, set up the PA systems etc. I also plan on booking about 3 more events by myself like the event I posted about on Feb 1st of this month. I want to also help promote events like I did before.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.

- I plan on keeping a log of hours that I do at the venue, as well as update posts on my blog about things I'm doing, events I'm hosting, etc. Pictures, flyers all included as before.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.

-What I will be doing will help me get more in touch on what it takes to host my own event. Like before, Ill be the one planning the dates, times, contacting the bands, etc.

4.  Post a log on the right hand side of your blog near your other logs and call it the independent component 2 log.

Your answers to the questions should be supported with details and examples for the senior team to understand what you plan to do.   Once we review your Blog Post 15, your house teacher will discuss with you the approval of your plan.  If it is approved, please start working on it.  If it is not approved, your house teacher will explain why.  It is your job to address the concerns so you can get your component approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment