Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Making things happen?

-This weekend on saturday, I get to finally experience my own show. What I mean by that is: I get to finally experience the whole setting of the venue for a show that I booked myself. I was the person who chose the date for the bands, contacted the bands and decided how much the entrance fee would be. I've made sure to tell the bands that they need to be there on time. The first band is supposed to play at 7pm, so I am opening the doors at 6:30. I know what its like to run the door, clean up the space before the show,  and how to set up the PA system so I think it's safe to assume that the show will run smoothly. The only thing that worries me is the possibility that people might turn up and cause drama. Bridgetown is a safe and sober space. Which means that we will not tolerate any violence, alcohol or drug use in or around the venue. I'm in charge of making sure people who are doing things of that sort leave the area and do not return inside the venue. I'm pretty excited for this weekend.

On the other hand, I recently booked two more shows. One of them is February 20th with a few local bands from LA. The other one is March 23rd. Some of the bands are from the area, while the main headliner is a band from San Diego that contacted me through my instagram. I'm planning on posting the flyers for those shows whenever the bands and I make them. So in about a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment