Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project, the Holiday

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?
Over the break I went to Bridgetown DIY(the place I do my mentorship at). I helped run the door at a few shows, attended two meetings the venue holds every other week. I finally booked my first show! I had to get the bands together, the date set, and it's ready to go on Feb. 1st.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?
I guess the most important thing I learned over break was that no matter what, I'll always have to have a back up plan. One of the bands I asked to play the show had first said yes, and when I double checked with them they then said no. So a friend of mine had to help me find another band. Luckily one of my bestfriends offered to play the show! I don't really know how to source this, seeing that it happened to me quite a few times. Can I source myself?

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
I would interview Cameron. Cameron is one of the core collective members at Bridgetown DIY. Cameron has been there since the venue was just a simple idea. He's one of the people behind all the rules and ideas that run through the venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment