Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Approval

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
- For my 30 hours of independent component, I plan to continue doing hours at the venue I am currently doing my mentorship with. Some things that I will do are, working the door, booking and running 2-3 shows and running meetings at the venue. When I help out at a show, I get to the venue half an hour before, clean up the venue, take any trash out, bag the recycle, count the money in the register and fill out a sheet of paper that has all the details of that nights show. When I'm done with all the pre-show prep, I will open the door and let people come in. When they come in, they'll hand me money and I'll stamp their hands for evidence of paid admission! As for booking and running the 2-3 shows, I'll get in contact with 3 or 4 bands, put a show together then propose it at the meetings we have at the venue every other monday. After that is all set in stone, the band will come in the day of their set date, I'll help set up the PA system as well as work the door and do all the other things I do when I help work a show.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
- To prove that I did my 30 hours, I'll keep a log on my blog. That log will have the hours I was there and a discription of what I did. I'll also have my mentor keep a log for himself. For the days that I host my own shows at the venue, I'll take pictures of the flyers the bands make to promote the show, I will promote the show on my social media websites and screen shot them to show as some evidence of promotion, have someone take pictures of me working the door at the show and setting the PA system. 

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
- I'll be able to actually set up, book, and run my own show. Which I actually have no experience of doing so. I'll learn what to do from my mentor. This is a big deal because not just anyone can run/book a show at the Bridgetown venue. I'll learn hands on how to do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment