Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

1.  What is your working EQ?
-What does a person need to do in order to successfully open and manage a live music venue?
2.  What is a possible answer to your working EQ?
-EQ: What does a person need to do in order to successfully open and manage a live music venue
  •  Take classes that show you how to run a business(accounting, business management etc.)
  • Shadow multiple venue owners for a period of time to see how they go about running their venues.
3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ?
-If working at the venue counts as a source, I would say that. If not, the book I am currently reading for Research Check has shown me great information that has guided me to the more technical business side of this venture. It's called "Starting & Building a Nonprofit: A Practical Guide". So far this book has shown me what a Non-Profit business needs to do in order to start off and how to keep itself running, and how to apply for tax exempts, as well as getting a good insurance policy.

4.  Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?

- My mentor is Kevin Lopez. My mentorship is taking place at a venue called "Bridgetown DIY".  It relates to my EQ because it is a live music venue. I'm getting hands on experience and learning what needs to be done in order to run successful shows, how to book bands, how to sell ticketst/entrances and enforcing the venues policies to keep it a safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment