Monday, September 30, 2013

Volunteer and fun? Extra post- September

Above is a picture of Touche Amore playing at Bridgetown DIY for their secret record release show.

-It's pretty neat working at a venue. For fun and what not, I go to a lot of shows. Sometimes in Pomona, or even in Anehiem. The cool thing is that the venue I'm doing my mentorship hours at, is right down the street from my house. How convenient right? Anyways, I get to get hours by coming in early, setting up to sell entrance to the show, stamp peoples hands and clean the venue up before the show. When there's a big show, we usually have a tap of people, that being 100. So once I finish getting in that many people, I count the money, store it in a private place and get to join in with the crowd. I've been able to see some really great bands, and meet most of them and help them out with setting up and getting situated before the show. In the picture above, we have a band named Touche Amore playing. This was a really secret show that wasn't announced until two hours before the actual show! We had tons of people come to the venue, unfortunately we had a tap and had to turn down many, MANY, people. All in all, it was a fun show, and the experience of working in a venue has been fun so far. I cant imagine it getting boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment