Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ

The Pentagon: 
(1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happen as a result of what you have completed so far?

- Some positive things that I have gotten from the project so far are some new friendships and a lot of knowledge and understanding of what my project deals with. Since I'm doing my mentorship hours at a venue, I get the inside scope of what happens behind the scenes. Example, what needs to be done to book a show. I've also met a lot of people who like all of the things that I like. Example, music and venues.

(2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic? An article I read a few weeks ago for a research check, named "How to Start a Coffeehouse". It gave me a lot of information about picking PA systems for the venue, tips on tickets and marketing/advertisement ideas.


(3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?

- The trip to the library has opened a lot of "doors" for me. I now know where to go to find research for business plans, and research for anything that has to do with marketing and owning any type of business. 
- Spending time at the venue and going to meetings there have helped me a lot. I've gained a lot of knowledge by just being there for a few hours. 

(4) What hasn't worked so far?

- I don't think there's anything that has led me down a wrong path so far. Everything that we've done in the senior project has someone helped me.
(5) Finding Value:  

  •  What is a potential question you would like to study this year?  (working EQ)
         - What does a person need to do in order to successfully open and manage a live music venue?
  •  What do you plan to do for mentorship?  If you haven't found a mentor yet, then discuss where you are currently looking and who you are talking to to find it.  
         -For my mentorship, I'll be working at a venue. My duties will include running the door, selling tickets,    attending collective meetings, booking and running 4 shows on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment