Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Content:  

LITERAL
(a) Statement: I, EMMELY AVILA, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component:
-Kevin Lopez: Mentor at Bridgetown DIY, Pakroo, Peri H. Starting & Building a Nonprofit: A Practical Guide. Berkeley, CA: Nolo, 2011. Print.
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
(d) Explanation of what you completed:
-Throughout Independent component 2, I attended quite a few more events to help out at and volunteer my time. During these events I learned more about what it takes to run an event, and what kind of background work goes on. I also completed the learning experience of putting on my own event once again like in the first independent component.
INTERPRETIVE
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work. 
-What I did during the independent component was volunteer my time at the venue during certain events and attend meeting. I feel as if these things demonstrate 30 hours of my work because not only did I volunteer my time, but I event went to book my own events and handled my events accordingly,  Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
*Pictures of events*
APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.
-This component helps me answer my EQ because I was able to apply more of my newfound knowledge I have of running events and working the venue. I was able to put together a few events, made flyers, contacted the bands etc. Unfortunately I went through some unforeseen events. Some things happened that almost had me cancel an event but in the end I was able to work things out. On the other hand,  I was able to research and see in person how things regarding city permits and insurance for the venue are handled first hand. It has helped me answer my EQ because I've learned how to manage a non-profit business.
This is a flyer that I helped make during my independent component.
Above is a picture of a band that was booked for one of the events I put on. This event went okay for the most part. We did have a few difficulties at first. Those being, having trouble setting up the PA system. The main band that was supposed to be headlining dropped the event and a few of the bands had members that were running late on time.  I wouldn't say that it all went well, because it didnt. But it definitely was a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment